Thursday, February 15, 2007

Everyday Miracles

You may remember my posting from a couple of months ago where I spoke about the young couple in the congregation who shared with me the initial ultrasound of their baby. It has not been an easy pregancy but this latest "snapshot" reminds them of the life that is developing and growing.

There were no ultrasounds of any of our three children -- it wasn't such a common procedure twenty years ago. We may have chosen not to take a "sneak peek" anyway. But I do find these images to be quite remarkable. The parents must be thrilled.

The Dad-to-be commented at the end of his email message that they feel blessed despite the challenges of these months. I encouraged them to trust that God is with them. This will be an April baby, born shortly after Easter. In that season of resurrection they can celebrate their miracle of new life which is God's gift.

No comments: