Sunday, October 28, 2007

He Got Away

I received an email yesterday from my colleague whose husband has been so ill. The title was "he got away" which was a reference to her mother-in-law's standard comment when someone died that "he got away." Early yesterday her husband died while she sat at his side.

Several hours after my visit on Friday he began to fail and they knew the end was coming. She called another minister friend who lived nearby to come and say a prayer.

I am still thinking about our afternoon prayer and how when I bowed my head and closed my eyes she asked me to look up. Her husband had lifted up his hand for me to hold while we asked for God's loving embrace and I hadn't noticed. Of course I took it as we prayed. I trust that Christ has taken his hand now and taken him to his eternal promise.

Please pray for his wife and two young daughters.

I'll be back to blogging in a while.

No comments: