Saturday, May 24, 2008

Basket of Prayers

There is basket on the table which has been filling with cards from folk in the congregation, colleagues and other friends. Along with emails and the occasional phonecall they have been a source of great encouragement and comfort through the past six weeks since I began my restorative leave.

This blog has also been an opportunity to stay in touch with people far and wide. It has also reminded me that while I am not serving in the pastorate at the moment I am still a Christian, reflecting on the world I live in.

I will be away for a week or so but I will certainly return. Thanks for your thoughts along the way and God bless you.

2 comments:

Deborah Laforet said...

David,

I hope you are able to use this time for healing and renewal. I know people at St. Paul's must miss your presence, but they will appreciate you even more when you return relaxed and renewed.

I will be off for the month of July. I am looking forward to having a month off from writing sermons and time to spend with my family. We will be in Ontario the last two weeks of July and in the Bowmanville area the last weekend of July.

David Mundy said...

Hi Deb -- thanks for all your recent thoughtful comments. I was away for a week and returned via Kingston where we attended our daughter Jocelyn's graduation from Queen's.

We are receiving an abundance of "Kodak moments" these days (Nikon, actually.)

Say hello to Jeff and the boys.

Say hi to your